Winter Home Care Tips
- Play Video
How to Caulk Your Shower
Rich Gehman walks us through the process of caulking your shower.
- Play Video
How to Operate and Maintain Your Garage Door
Bobby Gross from Overhead Door Company walks us through the process of operating and maintaining your garage door.
- Play Video
How to Adjust Your Manual Dampers
- The damper is located above furnace and controls air flow to different parts of your house.
- In the summer time, its advised to close the damper off on the main trunk line off about half way to push more air flow to the upper level of your home.
- In the winter time, you'll want to open up the damper, so to restrict air flow to the up-stairs, so the upper floor doesn't get too hot.
- Operation Center Hours
- Mon-Fri, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- (302) 226-4215
For Emergency Service, please refer to our Emergency Service procedures.
For Appliance Service, please refer to our Appliance Service procedures.
Request Warranty Service
All Warranty Service requests must be made through our Heartbeat customer portal. If you need help accessing Heartbeat please call (302) 226-4215.Go to Heartbeat
What to expect when requesting service:
- After you submit your warranty service request, we’ll review the information submitted and investigate your concerns.
- You can expect to be contacted within two business days.
- We may need to send employees or trade partners to your home to inspect the issue, which will occur during normal business hours.
- As long as the issue outlined in your service request is a warrantable item, we will have it repaired.
- If you have an emergency situation or an appliance service, please follow the emergency and appliance procedures located on this website or within your homeowner manual.
Our Commitment To Being Better Builders
There’s only one thing more satisfying than building a high quality home and that’s surprising our homeowners with our strong commitment to customer service.
From the first handshake to the last, we guide you through the process of building your dream home. Even after settlement, your relationship with Schell Brothers continues. Our Warranty Service Team will be there for you long after the ink is dry at settlement.
At the Home Orientation, we provide a comprehensive homeowner’s Guide specific to each customer’s home. This resource answers many common questions, such as use and maintenance guidelines, troubleshooting tips and emergency information.
As you settle into your home during the first year, you may find items that need further adjustment. In addition, you may have questions about the Limited Warranty, home maintenance, proper operation of the appliances, heating and air conditioning, or other home systems. Many of these items are included in this Guide and online. We also want to assure you that the Warranty Service staff at Schell Brothers is available to assist you in these areas.
Schell Brothers’ full commitment to our homeowners makes us truly a ‘better builder.’
Schell Brothers is known for providing outstanding Warranty Service. While many builders rely solely on their subcontractor to provide post-settlement service, Schell Brothers has an entire department dedicated to assisting our homeowners. Warranty Service Requests can be submitted through our online portal and our team of professional coordinators and technicians will be ready to assist you.
To show our homeowners our true commitment to customer satisfaction and quality building, we offer a consumer–friendly Limited Warranty which clearly describes both the homeowner’s and Schell Brothers’ responsibilities throughout the warranty period.
Many customers assume that once their home has been completed, their builder “disappears” from their life. At Schell Brothers, we consider that unfinished business.